Tuesday 20 September 2011

Skys the limit.......

The sky certainly was the limit this evening, sadly in the shape of one Skylark!

I took a trip up to one of my 'Woodcock sites' near Llanerfyl this evening to see if any Golden Plovers had returned (last year 60+ were present through October to early December). Sadly none have arrived as yet, but I did see 15-20 snipe (2 of which I tickled with the net arghhh!!) and 1 Skylark which I did manage to catch.



Last autumn/winter this site proved to be very productive, with catches of:

Golden Plover - 13
Lapwing - 1
Woodcock - 4 (+1)
Snipe - 4
Jack Snipe - 1
Skylark - 2
Fieldfare - 4
Redwing - 2

Lets hope for another productive season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment on any of the posts featured. All comments are moderated however so may take a short time to appear. Unsuitable comments will be deleted.